The caravan rules we followed in the NCRS Road Tours and the NCM Caravan were the following:
* Group limit to 5-10 cars max.
* Leaders follow rules of the road no more than 5 mph over.
* All cars have radio communication.
* Cars maintain no more than 2-3 car lengths gap.
* Lead car pulls off if group is split because of traffic lights 🚦 etc.
* Planned stop points.
* The other option is to set a meeting point to group up during the drive and allow all cars to get there at their own pace. Set a time, place and regroup for the next point till the destination is reached. This works better for long day drives and overnight trips.
When: Wednesday November 18th, 2020 @ 11:00 AM
Where: Sloan's Hardware 200 Mialaquo Rd, Loudon, TN 37774
Because of Covid-19 concerns we will be practicing Social Distancing on this drive. We will meet in the parking lot at and leave at Sloan's Hardware 200 Mialaquo Rd, Loudon, TN 37774 at 11:00 AM. Please arrive a little early.
Hello everyone. We hope you are having a nice Autumn and looking forward to our ride on Wednesday, November 18th. We will be leaving from Sloan’s at 11:00 a.m. and going to Gatlinburg for lunch at The Park Grill.
It should be a very lovely drive as we take 72 to 129 along Tellico and Chilhowie lakes turning onto the Foothills Parkway for the first section and then heading south on 321 into Townsend stopping at the Visitor Center for a break.
We will then continue on to the Little River road for a beautiful drive into Gatlinburg. The Park Grill is the first restaurant on the right as soon as you come into the town. They have plenty of off-street parking in the front, side and back. Great food and a great venue.